Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Is Faith Blind?

Blind Faith. Is faith blind? Some people say I can’t believe in God until I see Him face to face. Well the bIble says that no one has seen God but many people claimed to see Jesus Christ when he walked this earth. Jesus said “if anyone has seen me he has seen the Father” Let’s ha look at some verses in John Chapter 14. This is from the Living Bible, a wonderful paraphrase of the Bible that was first published in the 1970’s. Jesus Speaking 14 “Let not your heart be troubled. You are trusting God, now trust in me. 2-3 There are many homes up there where my Father lives, and I am going to prepare them for your coming. When everything is ready, then I will come and get you, so that you can always be with me where I am. If this weren’t so, I would tell you plainly. 4 And you know where I am going and how to get there.” 5 “No, we don’t,” Thomas said. “We haven’t any idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus told him, “I am the Way—yes, and the Truth and the Life. No one can get to the Father except by means of me. 7 If you had known who I am, then you would have known who my Father is. From now on you know him—and have seen him!” 8 Philip said, “Sir, show us the Father and we will be satisfied.” 9 Jesus replied, “Don’t you even yet know who I am, Philip, even after all this time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him? 10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words I say are not my own but are from my Father who lives in me. And he does his work through me. 11 Just believe it—that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or else believe it because of the mighty miracles you have seen me do. Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time, and you do not know Me yet, Philip, nor recognize clearly who I am? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. “ I have shown here a picture of a terrible dust storm we found ourselves driving in one day in South Australia’s Riverland. It was hard to see what was coming around the bend. We did have the advantage of seeing a vehicle in front of us that was helpful to a certain extent. It is a bit like driving on a dark night in the Australian country landscape where you have to be on the look out for Kangaroos who might suddenly jump out in front of the car. Often we have found ourselves on a dark night driving on the Hay Plains in NSW. A long straight road with lots of mainly nocturnal Kangaroos. On these occasions allowing a semi trailer to stay in front of us to “pave the way” can give us some degree of safety. The headlights off the front vehicle give us a bit off a view of what lies ahead. Also note the guiding marks on the road. The Bible is our guide. Showing us the way. Faith is not blind! We are not left in the dark We have the guiding light of Jesus to show us “the way, the truth and the life”. He is this. And for additional reason for faith we just need to observe the world around us. Consider the words in Romans 1. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;[e] God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.[f] Everyone who is Christian or not is in awe of then world we live in. Is it here by chance. Not likely! So what about you? Have you put your trust in Jesus? We only have whatever is left of our time on earth to make that decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment